Dear Guild Secretaries,
A few updates from the most recent Association GPC meeting, which took place on Saturday 02nd, in my role as South Central England Regional Rep.
The next meeting I attend will be the AGM on the 18th April, and I will hopefully see some of you there. If your guild isn’t able to send a delegate and you would like me to raise anything on behalf of your guild, please do let me know.
A few highlights from the February GPC meeting:
- Both Birmingham and Somerset Guilds are 70 years old this year, and are organising events to celebrate with their members.
- The Foundation Certificate in Spinning continues to be popular, with 15 new applications since November, and a pilot of the Foundation Certificate in Natural Dyeing will launch in April. We were able to preview the draft Student Pack for the Natural Dyeing certificate at the meeting, and it looks excellent.
- Preparations are progressing for the 2020 National Exhibition (which will take place at Leigh Spinners Mill on 05-20 September), and 2020 Conference/Event (which is expected to take place at Worcester University in June and is on the theme of Colour).
And a few other things to note:
- For your members attending the 2019 Summer School, the Student Handbook is now available via the website: https://wipagwsd.wordpress.com/summer-school-2019/
- Association Secretary Soo Coates has been contacted by someone seeking an expert in antique spinning wheels. Please contact email@example.com if you can help.
Do also let me know at any time if there is anything you would like shared in the Newsletter or on social media, and the Journal is always looking for submissions from all guilds and members.
Charlotte PowellGPC member for Newsletter and Social MediaSouth Central England Regional Rep